Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hiccup

Well, well, well....I've done so well on the C25K plan until now.  I haven't experienced any injuries, and other than an occasional rainy day (I just recently realized that I can run in the rain and not die), I've stayed on my schedule of running every other day since February.

My hiccup is my endurance.  I guess as we age our endurance is more difficult to build.  Not saying I'm old or anything but I am realizing that I'm not 21 any more.  I should be finishing week 8 of the C25K program but I can' seem to run the required 25 minutes in week 7 without gasping for air and feeling like I'm going to puke my guts up all over the road.  So, instead of pushing my self to this point 3 times a week, I have decided to side step the program for a week by doing the 5k101 program to help build my endurance.  Week 7 of 5K101 has me run 12 min then recover for 3 min repeating this set 3 times.  I have done this twice already and feel pretty good at the end of the run.  I WILL go back to the C25K plan and pick back up at week 7 and complete the program.  The ultimate goal is to complete the program and get that feeling of accomplishment.

My 5K is next Saturday so I'm just going to treat it like just another training run and plan another 5K later in the year to test my endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment