Monday, April 4, 2011

C25K is an AWESOME Program

a181.gifI don't know about the rest of you but I've never really been a runner.  I've always been a somewhat "active" person.  My husband and I have taken our boys tent camping, riding bike trails, and hiking in the Great Smoky Mts, but I've never been a runner.  I'm not really sure why I wanted to start running but it was one of the best decisions I've made.  I did a little research on beginning running programs.  I looked at Jeff Galloway and Couch to 5k just to name a couple.  I chose the C25K because I couldn't run very far for very long in the beginning.  Week 1 I ran for 60 secs at a time.

Well, yesterday I ran W7D1 and ran 25mins without stopping.  I am so proud of myself and so thankful for the Cool Runnings website and their wonderful Couch to 5K beginning running program.  I will be ready for my first 5K on the 16th and am hoping to finish in less than 30 minutes but any time will be a PR!  :-)



You can find the program here:  http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml




No comments:

Post a Comment