Tuesday, July 19, 2011

100% Humidity doesn't always equal rain

This morning, like always, I checked the weather before heading out for my run.  The Weather Channel "Local on the 8's" said 79 degrees and 100% humidity.  Holy Moly! ! !  Was it raining with the sun shining?  Nope!  Just overwhelmingly HOT! ! !



I grabbed my blackberry and headed out anyway.  My planned 4 miler 4:1 walk - run ratio turned into a walk - walk ratio.  I hadn't even finished with my warm up section when I was realizing that I should have brought some water with me.

Some tips to help when running in the heat:


  • Wear light weight light colored clothing.
  • Be sure to take your sweaty clothes off when you get home. (Funky Fungi like to grow in warm wet embarrassing places)
  • Wear a cap or visor to help keep the sweat out of your eyes
  • Last but not least.... take some water!

What are your best tips for running in this heatwave that is sweeping the country?

If you are exercising outside in this weather.... please be careful! !

No comments:

Post a Comment