Saturday, May 26, 2012

They say it's your birthday....

So today is my birthday and my family has a fun day planned.  We're all going to the Japanese Steak House, one of my favorite places to eat.

Since the hubs and I discovered it sometime last fall it seems that we end up there a lot.  They cook the food on a grill right there in front of you and it's so yummy.  Steak, shrimp, chicken, rice, fresh veggies and of course the yum yum sauce.  They always serve way more than humanly possible to eat so we end up with leftovers for supper.  All this talk about food makes me think about unhealthy it's become to go out & eat.

I've decided that I absolutely have to start back on my journey to living to 100 years old.  Not sure how my birthday supper will fit into this plan but hey... it's my birthday, right??

I've been to 3 Dr's this month and all 3 told me I needed to lose weight but didn't really give me any advise on what I should/could do to shed the pounds, except 1.  Dr. Rose told me I should write everything I put between my lips down in a notebook and try to stay under 1200 calories.  How do I stay under 1200?

I've found an app/website that I love.   www.myfitnesspal.com.  If you're looking for a way to help you lose weight this might be your ticket.

Have you found something else?  Would you like to share it?  I"d love to hear all about it. :-)

Ellen

Gratitude Journal
I'm thankful for my husband.  He's my best friend as well as my companion.  Now that our children are reaching the point in their lives that they don't need us as much we have discovered that we need each other more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment